Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 16, 2007

Does anybody remember when I said my mother was getting in today? Approximate time? Flight number? Feel free to leave any pertinent information in the comments section. I want to make sure this trip to Vancouver gets off to a wonderful start (ie - a lift from the airport) as I’ve done even more research and come up with some spectacular mom-son activities for the coming weeks. I’ve narrowed it down to -

1. African Healing Dance Workshop for Women: Fairly self-explanatory. I’ll have to dig through the back of my closet to retrieve my comfy shoes.

2. A Conversation with Alan Greesnpan: The former chair of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board speaks in Vancouver! How cool is that?! I agree. No very.

3. Puppets Purple - The Holiday Show: Purple, huh? A hilariously racy little production perhaps? You bet! No child under 3 permitted.

4. Debbie Does Dallas (The Musical) - Not sure if this would be entirely appropriate for my mother. She hates musicals.

5. Electrik Soulstice: An evening of progressive house and electro showcasing eight different DJ’s. With eight different DJ’s to choose from, chances are she’s bound to find one she likes.

6. Camra Christmas Caskival: A tasting of 20 seasonal cask winter ales from local breweries. At first glance, this looks like a no-brainer but I must point out that the last time we attended one of these, I misplaced my mother and didn’t find her until the following weekend. In New Mexico.

7. A Very Agnostic Christmas: Featuring spiritless classics and equally spiritless eggnog.

So, any stand-outs in the list?

By the way, thanks to Scarym for the Elfyourself link. I spent far too long this afternoon, Elfing friends and family when I really should have been downstairs shampooing the carpet. I created a version of the season 5 executive producing team of Mullie, Mallozzi, Gero, and Binder in elf garb, dancing up a storm, then sent it to the aforementioned. I predict that Carl will find it hilarious, Martin will find it somewhat amusing and weigh in with a sarcastic observation about my elf’s dancing abilities, and Paul will be absolutely horrified but feign casual indifference and borderline disbelief in what I’m doing with my free time.

Keep the comments coming. Liking the new blog home?

I’ll try to field some questions tomorrow.

No comments: