Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 14, 2007



THIS BLOG HELD HOSTAGE - DAY FOUR

It was while I was scanning the top shelf, looking decidedly undecided, that the saleswoman stepped up alongside me and asked: “Can I help you find something on your holiday list?” “Sure,”I replied, thankful for the offer. “Do you carry Wii’s?” She threw me an uncertain look - you know, one of those looks an uptight aunt might throw a child who’d used the word “boobies” during polite dinner table. But I suppose the reaction was warranted. I was in a cookware shop after all. “Ah, forget the Wii,”I followed up before she had a chance to respond. “Just get me that Cuisinart blender.”

And so, while I was unsuccessful in tracking down the gaming system Fondy so desperately wants for Christmas, I was able to get myself a new blender so that I’d never again have to use that stainless steel hand blender that sprays peanut butter and banana all over the counter top every time I attempt to make a post-workout smoothie. I also picked up the perfect gift for the lazy shopper: gift certificates! Each card entitles the lucky owner to a $50 dollars eyebrow waxing. How cool is that?

Aside from the Christmas shopping, I’ve been shuttling Jelly back and forth between home and the Granville Island Animal Hospital. The poor girl has a degenerative hip condition that makes it painful for her to do much walking (she’ll usually just sit at the bottom of the stairs and wait for me to carry her up to bed or sit by the couch and bark until I pick her up and settle her down on the headrest, her preferred scoping position) and she’s been limping more than usual of late. She also lost her appetite (which for a pug is highly unusual). Well, the blood work came back normal and after some treatment with Tramadol and Metacam, she seems a little better. At this point, I’m not sure if her reluctance to go outside or climb stairs without my assistance is due to hip pain or sheer laziness on her part. I suspect a little of both.

Also, welcome all to my new - mayhap temporary - home here on Wordpress. Special thanks go out to Michelle who suggested the change of venue. Also, extra special thanks to Michelle who alerted me to the “import” feature that allows me to import by entire blog from blogger and effectively back-up my year’s worth of irksome ramblings. So thanks and extra special thanks, Michelle. Check out today’s extra special pic - just for you.

No comments: